Tenants may use rent escrow to force landlords to repair serious or dangerous conditions in the property. If approved by the court, tenants pay rent into an escrow account held by the court until a landlord makes repairs.
- Tip sheet
- Español transcripción
- Additional Information
- Adult Guardianship: Introduction to Adult Guardianship
- Adult Guardianship: The Role of Guardian of the Person
- Adult Guardianship: The Role of Guardian of the Property
- Before Court: Preparing for Your Day in Court
- Bringing a Small Claim
- Can’t Afford Appellate Costs?
- Can’t Afford Court Filing Fees?
- Defending a Small Claim
- Finding Legal Help in a Civil Case
- Foreclosure Mediation
- Foreclosure Process
- Hiring and Working with Your Lawyer
- How to Research the Law
- ¿Necesita un Intérprete Judicial?
- Need a Court Interpreter?
- Rent Court for Landlords
- Rent Court for Tenants
- Rent Escrow
- Service of Process
- Should I Represent Myself?
- Tips for Your Day in Court
- What is the Law?
Last updated: December 2017