Can’t Afford Appellate Costs?
If you choose to appeal your case, you may be eligible for a waiver of the costs and fees. This video talks about how you may ask the court to waive the fees, which must be paid before an appeal can be heard. This video does not address fees in the trial court. If you have a case in the trial courts, see the video titled Can’t Afford Court Filing Fees?
- Tip sheet
- Additional information
See additional videos:
- Adult Guardianship: Introduction to Adult Guardianship
- Adult Guardianship: The Role of Guardian of the Person
- Adult Guardianship: The Role of Guardian of the Property
- Before Court: Preparing for Your Day in Court
- Bringing a Small Claim
- Can’t Afford Appellate Costs?
- Can’t Afford Court Filing Fees?
- Defending a Small Claim
- Finding Legal Help in a Civil Case
- Foreclosure Mediation
- Foreclosure Process
- Hiring and Working with Your Lawyer
- How to Research the Law
- ¿Necesita un Intérprete Judicial?
- Need a Court Interpreter?
- Rent Court for Landlords
- Rent Court for Tenants
- Rent Escrow
- Service of Process
- Should I Represent Myself?
- Tips for Your Day in Court
- What is the Law?
Last updated: March 2016