Temporary Suspension Order and Terminations of Suspensions
Client Protection Fund of the Bar of Maryland
Each attorney admitted to practice before the Court of Appeals or issued a certificate of special authorization under Rule 15 of the Rules Governing Admission to the Bar of Maryland, as a condition precedent to the practice of law in this State, is required to provide to the Client Protection Fund of the Bar of Maryland the attorney’s Social Security number, the attorney’s federal tax identification number or a statement that the attorney has no such number, and pay annually to the treasurer of the Fund the sum, and all applicable late charges, set by the Court of Appeals (see Rule 16-811.5(a)(1)).
Attorneys who fail to comply with these requirements are temporarily suspended from the practice of law in Maryland until the requirements are met. They are restored to good standing by a subsequent order of the Court of Appeals when the requirements are met.
- 05-21-2015: Temporary Suspension Order - Tax ID
- 03-26-2015: Temporary Suspension Order
- 03-20-2014: Temporary Suspension Order
- 02-04-2016: Reinstatement Order
- 01-28-2016: Reinstatement Order
- 01-21-2016: Reinstatement Order
- 01-07-2016: Reinstatement Order
- 2015 Reinstatement Orders archive
- 2014 Reinstatement Orders archive
This information provided pursuant to Maryland Rule 16-811.8(b).